Just as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a highly-anticipated and far-reaching update to European privacy law, came into effect on May 25, 2018, another major change to consumer privacy was being enacted in the United States: the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
This briefing will cover:
- What is the California Consumer Privacy Act, and who does it apply to?
- When will the CCPA come into effect?
- Why is the CCPA significant?
- How does the CCPA differ from the GDPR?
- How will the CCPA impact marketing?
- What’s coming next for the CCPA?