Hello, we’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Specialist
We’re looking for a creative and motivated writer who’s looking to make a big impact on the industry. You’ll be at the forefront of our business-to-business marketing efforts, creating search optimized blog content that will help us connect with Founders, CEOs, talent execs and recruiters across the country. Some examples of the type of content you’ll be working on include:
- 17 Industry Insiders Discuss Diversity In Tech
- Culture Fit: More Harm Than Good? 12 Experts Share Their Take
- 4 Core Elements Of A Tech-Focused Talent Acquisition Strategy
Search engine optimization is a key element of this role, and while prior experience is great, it is not mandatory. We will train exceptional writers on the technical ins and outs. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious writers looking to develop their SEO expertise.
Applicants must submit writing samples or a link to a digital portfolio with their application to be considered.
How you’ll contribute:
- Support your fellow content creators as a peer editor.
- Monitor and analyze industry and competitor content to stay up to date on search trends and identify opportunities for organic traffic growth.
- Work with the content marketing team to develop and manage editorial calendars and ensure constant alignment with strategic objectives.
- Collaborate across numerous teams to uncover opportunities for the organization to establish authority on topics that matter to our customers and map to relevant solutions, features and benefits.
- Develop a robust understanding of the recruiting and technology industries as they relate to the business’ mission and objectives and remaining up-to-date on trends and developments.
What you need
- BA/BS in journalism, marketing, communications or related field
- At least 1 year of professional experience producing long- and short-form content across numerous formats such as blog posts, e-books, email marketing, case studies, social media, webinars, byline articles, etc.
- Applicants must submit writing samples or a link to a digital portfolio with their application to be considered.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and trust across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,