The Director, Brand Digital & Social Marketing will play a key role in developing the digital and social media strategy designed to drive performance for Marriott’s portfolio of Distinctive brands. The role will be a core member of the global marketing optimization organization and an integral part of the assigned brand marketing teams. The Director will oversee a team assigned to execute digital and social strategy for our premium Distinctive portfolio which includes Westin, Le MERIDIEN, Renaissance Hotels, Autograph Collection Hotels, Tribute Portfolio and Design Hotels. The Director and his/her team are responsible for the planning and execution of digital and social media marketing activities that deliver against brand marketing and digital goals and meet or exceed key performance indicators. The role oversees digital marketing content strategy, social media marketing, as well as strategic influencer marketing activations.
The Director will partner with brand marketing to plan all digital and social media related activities and prioritize based on goals, performance, budget, and priorities. He/She will lead and oversee the digital content strategy and execution of the comprehensive brand digital eco-system consisting of dedicated brand websites, brand social media channels, and other digital touchpoints across Marriott.com and more. The Director will oversee the planning and strategy of social media experiences spanning brand and hotel level globally on key platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others supporting the brand’s overarching strategies (i.e. awareness, engagement, etc.). This role will oversee the strategic use of influencers to enhance brand goals and launch successful activations that drive performance. The Director will partner with the global paid media center of excellence to ensure digital and social marketing experiences are supported within the brand’s overall marketing plan. This role will report to the Senior Director, Brand Digital & Social Marketing – Distinctive Brands and partner closely with key members of the various brand teams, global marketing, creative and content studio, digital marketing, public relations, digital agencies, key hotel stakeholders, and the field/continental organizations.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Digital and Social Media Marketing:
Leading brand planning efforts, overseeing strategy and execution of holistic digital and social initiatives:
- Responsible for partnering with brand marketing to plan digital & social marketing efforts that support brand and digital goals.
- Responsible for designing a strategy and prioritizing, managing, supporting and executing digital marketing strategy initiatives (brand website, social media, paid media, search engine marketing, Marriott.com initiatives, field support) to support brands.
- Work autonomously to author and drive digital/social strategy for brand initiatives while also providing strategic guidance for regional and hotel-level initiatives – if applicable.
- Oversee and drive strategy and workflow of digital marketing and advertising campaigns supporting the digital brand strategy.
- Manage agency/freelance resources and oversee strategic initiatives related to digital and social strategy for the brands they support.
Digital and Social Content Strategy oversight and strategy:
- Direct oversight of brand website strategy, optimizations, and day-to-day maintenance.
- Lead digital brand ecosystem work in partnership with Marriott.com product leads and Senior Director.
- Partner with Digital product teams for brand positioning updates to Marriott.com hotel websites.
- Work with agency and internal partners to deliver creative assets such as digital display, video, social media assets, paid search ads, emails, landing pages, on-site promotional placements.
- Oversee brand social media content creation, approval of editorial calendar, and influencer programs implemented by agency or in house.
- Oversee social media monitoring, advertising, promotions/contests and other activations implemented by agency or in house.
- Oversee the writing, brand voice and content for brand level social media and digital channels.
- Oversee agencies and/or social media copywriters for each brand.
- Oversee development of the Social Media Playbook for hotels/field/agencies and lead calls related to this content.
- Oversee influencer strategy and leverage best practices across the team.
- Manage digital/social marketing budget.
- Provide regular direction and communication to internal Paid Media COE and SEO teams to maximize the performance of campaigns.
- Partner with Measurement and Analytics team on digital dashboard creation, KPI definition and alignment, and regularly report out performance and learnings to key stakeholders and executive team.
Consult and partner with stakeholders to provide expertise:
- Consult with brand marketing leads on branded content (video series, brand films, etc.) initiatives and in some cases lead them.
- Liaise with Marriott content studio to collaborate real-time marketing opportunities and content creation where relevant.
- Liaise with internal social media teams to collaborate on best practices and customer care integration.
- Develop strong relationships with Marriott subject matter experts and channel leaders, agencies, media and distribution partners to cost-effectively maximize opportunities for the brand while ensuring high-quality on-strategy creative is delivered.
- Monitor and report out on industry best practices and competitive/landscape trends.
- Liaise with internal and external PR teams to ensure tight integration and holistic campaigns.
- Create streamlined information for internal reports/audits/analysis of digital marketing performance (including but not limited to Marriott.com, Brand Websites, Social Media, Paid Media, Search) and craft compelling marketing and reporting presentations.
- Support and liaise with the field organization and other team members on digital/social marketing best practices to ensure digital strategy alignment.
- Work with the hotels, field organization and agency partners to ensure local level social media is implemented and on strategy, ongoing communication will be critical.
- Keep digital marketing flowcharts/plans/budgets up to date.
- Handle additional projects/functions as assigned.
- Assist senior associates in achieving business results by:
- Identifying opportunities to enhance process
- Provide training and guidance to field
- Participate in annual planning sessions
- Achieving results within scope of responsibility
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- 5-7 years of digital marketing and social media marketing
- Experience managing 3+ direct reports with a proven track record of leadership and development
- Knowledge and passion for travel and hospitality is strongly encouraged
Experiences applicable to the Job
- Demonstrated experience with digital marketing, advertising strategy and execution
- Demonstrated experience with developing, launching, and managing website and mobile projects
- Demonstrated experience with social media marketing, monitoring, management, content and advertising
- Demonstrated experience with social media influencer programs
- Demonstrated experience with digital campaign analytics and reporting
- Solid understanding of digital marketing trends and industry best practices
- Solid understanding of mobile platforms, devices and trends
- Experience or understanding of paid search, SEO, website measurement and analytics
- Proven skills in working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., brand marketing, digital, global marketing, international) in support of specific business priorities
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Demonstrated experience and success in a highly matrixed cross functional organization
- Managerial experience