eCOMMERCE SUMMIT, Tralee, Kerry, October, 2nd, 3rd, 2019
When and where is it on?
October 2nd and 3rd, 2019. Tralee, in Kerry in the South West of Ireland is the home of this event. We will be shining a light on local expertise in the region and making the global e-Commerce market accessible to those businesses in South West. As a destination, Tralee is the gateway to the world-famous Wild Atlantic Way with an incredible list of things to do in the area. Attendees will have the opportunity to experience this first hand.
How many years has it been going?
2019 will be the first year of the eCommerce Summit.
What was the inspiration to start it?
We are on a mission to redefine how Ireland thinks about eCommerce. We recognised the following challenges in Ireland:
- A lack of education professionally and for students
- A lack of eCommerce community outside Dublin
- A mid conception of what eCommerce is and it’s broad capabilities
- Mid-sold or overpromised results and disillusionment
- We do not like to pay for expertise
Our eCommerce Summit wants to achieve the following:
- Expose international ecommerce community to a vibrant and willing town that has the potential to adopt. Establishing commercial relationships with global marketplaces.
- Build a committed and connected community where knowledge sharing is currency and openly expected.
- Connect businesses with service providers who have a proven track record in solving ecommerce problems.
- Demystify the topic and set-up training for the next wave of professionals needed to fill employment gaps. Decentralizing the knowledge outside of our capital.
- Remove the expression e-Commerce from our terminology over 3 years – this should be viewed as the application of technology to business strategy.
- Provide knowledge and training on the here and now and future state of business.
- Build a collective vision for international trade for Irish business.
What exciting things can people look forward to?
- Inspirational leaders
- Practical workshops
- Extra-curricular activities
- Immersive technology experience
- Success stories
- Future proofing
.What opportunities are on offer for those attending?
Attend a global standard conference in Tralee, County Kerry, delivered by leaders and focused on building a world class understanding of ecommerce strategies. This is your opportunity to learn from some of the world’s best leaders and eCommerce practitioners across sectors.
As our focus is on learning, the 2-day conference will be split into discussion groups, real-world presentations and most importantly – workshops with the experts. Unlocking the potential for all businesses to utilise ecommerce technologies/services and best practices – delivered in a practical way.
- Ecommerce knowledge and strategies from the leaders in the international ecommerce community. The summit will give people an opportunity to understand how changing technologies will impact their planning and decision making.
- Practical ecommerce focused workshops to unlock potential for businesses to utilise ecommerce. Workstreams are designed with learning in mind and for the first time ever, we will break the business down into manageable sections with practical take-aways. It will give people a starting point to building a framework for your business regardless of category or industry.
- A network and training support system to build the next wave of ecommerce professionals. This summit presents an opportunity to improve their network and gain access to service providers, partners and agencies to help with the challenges of today and the future.
Who will be speaking?
We’ve assembled the very best of talent in the eCommerce space – inspirational leaders & expert practitioners.. from incredible multinationals, SMEs & successful start-ups.
Philip King – founder of Other Voices, TEDx speaker will be delivering the opening address. With a background as a musician, as a documentary-maker, as a networker, as a music radio presenter, and as a promoter of extraordinary music festivals and events – he’s entire career has been about exploring how Irish music and culture has reached out – from that small geographical place that has a global reach. And we want him to be the opening voice for businesses who want to locate in Ireland’s beautiful South West, but achieve that global reach.
Speakers already announced include:
See entire list of speakers announced and links to their linked in profiles at https://theecommercesummit.com/speakers/
What tips would you give to people attending to get the most out of it?
- Decide in advance what you want to get out of attending the eCommerce Summit.
- Decide who you want to meet before attending the summit – check out the speakers and businesses who will be attending at https://theecommercesummit.com/speakers/.
- Connect with social media activity on the eCommerce Summit social pages LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram and with speakers/businesses before the summit.
- See the agenda and book the workshop sessions in advance of the summit.
- Check out and consider staying at the conference hotel – www.therosehotel.com
How can people book tickets / when does it usually sell out?
2-day early bird tickets are still available https://theecommercesummit.com/buy-tickets/ (€350 + 23% VAT). We expect to be sold out soon – we’ve received incredible support and interest. General 2-day admission is €495 + 23% VAT and 1-day tickets €195 + 23% VAT.
Anything else you’d like to add / we should have asked?
We are experiencing shifting economic and technological changes like never before. The speed of these changes too is resulting in fear on decision making and investment. We aim to change that.
Tralee is the venue and will be the home of this project for the foreseeable future. It boasts an IT transitioning to a university status this year which will be the bedrock for future talent development. It will become a thought leadership centre where real innovation thrives. As a place, Tralee is the gateway into Kerry, known as the kingdom. As a place to visit for business partners it offers a unique, multi faceted venue where surfing, hiking, biking and more are all a stones throw away.
For those people who no longer want to work in the cities or abroad, we want to align with other strong programmes and make it viable to work from a place where work/life balance comes as standard. And for the first time ever we want to be driven by the “power or possibility” that any skilled job, company or opportunity can achieve its potential from our patch of turf. Join us at the e-Commerce summit to taste it for yourself.
Anything else you’d like to add / we should have asked?
Is there a discount? Yes for readers – add ECSEB10 at the checkout.
More information about Irish Tech News and the Business Showcase
FYI the ROI for you is => Irish Tech News now gets over 1.5 million monthly views, and up to 900k monthly unique visitors, from over 160 countries. We have over 860,000 relevant followers on Twitter on our various accounts & were recently described as Ireland’s leading online tech news site and Ireland’s answer to TechCrunch, so we can offer you a good audience!
Since introducing desktop notifications a short time ago, which notify readers directly in their browser of new articles being published, over 16000 people have now signed up to receive them ensuring they are instantly kept up to date on all our latest content. Desktop notifications offer a unique method of serving content directly to verified readers and bypass the issue of content getting lost in people’s crowded news feeds.
Drop us a line if you want to be featured, guest post, suggest a possible interview, or just let us know what you would like to see more of in our future articles. We’re always open to new and interesting suggestions for informative and different articles. Contact us, by email, twitter or whatever social media works for you and hopefully we can share your story too and reach our global audience.
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome