Google I/O 2018 is starting today in California, to an international audience of 7,000+ developers. It will run until Thursday night. It is our annual developers festival, where product announcements are made, new APIs and frameworks are introduced, and Product Managers present the latest from Google.
However, you don’t have to physically attend the event to take advantage of this once-a-year opportunity: many conferences and talks are live streamed on YouTube for anyone to watch. You will find the full-event schedule here.
Dozens upon dozens of talks will take place over the next 3 days. We have hand picked the talks that we think will be the most interesting for webmasters and SEO professionals. Each link shared will bring you to pages with more details about each talk, and you will find out how to tune in to the live stream. All times are California time (PCT). We might add other sessions to this list.
Tuesday, May 8th
Wednesday, May 9th
- 9.30am – Ewa Gasperowicz and Addy Osmani talk about Web Performance and increasing control over the loading experience – more info.
- 10.30am – Alberto Medina and Thierry Muller will explain how to make a WordPress site progressive – more info.
- 11.30am – Rob Dodson and Dominic Mazzoni will cover “What’s new in web accessibility” – more info.
- 3.30pm – Michael Bleigh will introduce how to leverage AMP in Firebase for a blazing fast website – more info.
- 4.30pm – Rick Viscomi and Vinamrata Singal will introduce the latest with Lighthouse and Chrome UX Report for Web Performance – more info.
Thursday, May 10th
- 9.30am – Build e-commerce sites for the modern web with AMP, PWA, and more, with Adam Greenberg and Rowan Merewood – more info.
- 12.30pm – Session on “Building a successful web presence with Google Search” by John Mueller and Mariya Moeva – more info.
This list is only a sample of the content at this year’s Google I/O, and there might be many more that are interesting to you! To find out about those other talks, check out the full list of web sessions, but also the sessions about Design, the Cloud sessions, the machine learning sessions, and more…
We hope you can make the time to watch the talks online, and participate in the excitement of I/O ! The videos will also be available on Youtube after the event, in case you can’t tune in live.
Posted by Vincent Courson, Search Outreach Specialist, and the Google Webmasters team