Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
Sharecare is looking for a staff writer/editor to join the digital editorial team. The candidate must be an enterprising, self-starting journalist with experience writing on a variety of health and medical topics. The candidate will be responsible for brainstorming and pitching story ideas that convey actionable health information in novel and interesting ways. Key attributes include sound news judgment and the ability to identify and track developing stories that have broad implications for health and wellbeing.
Must have facility appraising the quality and authority of published studies and translating complex medical topics into terms a lay audience can understand and act upon. Must be comfortable conducting in-depth interviews with leading physicians, researchers and health experts. Must be able to juggle multiple deadlines across multiple time horizons. We publish for a range of audiences, so the ideal candidate will have a nose both for social-friendly stories and a sensitivity to writing on disease/condition topics.
This role requires excellent organizational, communication, project management and writing skills, with at least three years of experience in a similar role. Prior experience editing other writers and working with freelance writers is a bonus, but not compulsory. Also a plus: Facility with web analytics and experience publishing across a variety of platforms (including mobile apps).
Above all, Sharecare prizes the ability the uphold the highest evidence-based standards while communicating in a way that educates, inspires and empowers our readers to take control of their own health.
• Write 2-3 pieces of engaging content each week
• Bring fresh, medically-accurate story ideas to the team’s regular brainstorm and pitch meetings
• Update existing articles and slideshows to reflect new study findings, guidelines and best practices, as needed
• Assist the team with tracking/content inventory/SEO duties
• Minimum 3 years experience at a consumer-facing digital or print property with a focus on health and/or medicine
• Must be able to commute to and work out of our New York City office
• Ability to write clearly, concisely and cleanly and to self-edit
• Deadline-driven with an understanding of the health news cycle
• Ability to communicate and work collaboratively across different departments in a large organization
• Familiarity with content management/publishing platforms
• Experience with search engine optimization and content analytics preferred
• Big thinker with an understanding of and enthusiasm for learning how content is read across a variety of digital platforms (including social, mobile apps and email)
Interested candidates may submit resumes.
Sharecare, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome