Today on the podcast, my guest is marketing expert, speaker, author, and college educator Mark Schaefer.
Schaefer is a globally-recognized speaker and author. He’s contributed extensively to major publications including The New York Times, CNN, NPR, Wired, the BBC, and CBS News. He is also the author of six best-selling books on marketing.
On today’s episode, Schaefer and I discuss his latest book, Marketing Rebellion: The Most Human Company Wins and how marketers can help businesses survive and thrive in an environment where the customer journey is dead, brand loyalty is gone, and customers have become the marketers.
- What is today’s marketing rebellion?
- Is there a way to approach customer loyalty—that’s radically different from what we do today—that would actually increase loyalty?
- Why hasn’t social media humanized companies as much as we initially thought it would?
- Why loyalty is over, and what you can do about it.
- Why you can’t be in a community, you have to be of a community.
- How to build an emotional attachment to people rather than product.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!