September 12, 2017 —
PATCHOGUE, N.Y., Sept. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — fishbat, a leading internet marketing agency which combines proven digital marketing strategies to help businesses increase profits and expand brand awareness, shares six tips for using hashtags and how to #WIN with hashtag marketing.
Hashtags have become so powerful that the word “hashtag” itself has worked its way into our everyday vernacular. Once a rarely used key on your keyboard or phone, hashtags have become a vehicle for creating excitement, commanding attention, joining in on trending topics, driving awareness about issues, and even dropped in daily conversation for amusement. Arguably, however, the hashtag’s biggest accomplishment in its rise to fame could be the impact that it’s having on digital marketing. Hashtags are an important part of today’s digital outreach, but it’s not enough to throw some hashtags into your posts and wait for the hordes of eager followers. There are guidelines to adhere to make hashtags successful.
- Use a unique brand hashtag as your signature Create a unique brand hashtag that builds name recognition and draws attention to a value proposition, slogan, or mission. Keep the hashtag simple, concise, catchy, and intuitive for quick and easy communication with the audience. Use your hashtag consistently so that it serves as a brand signature to build recognition.
- Put force behind promotional campaigns with hashtags that encourage sharing Incorporating hashtags in campaigns helps to drive awareness through easy-to-remember and easy-to-share marketing. Individual campaigns can be branded with hashtags for swift online dissemination. Use hashtags to encourage engagement and drive traffic by requesting audience involvement such as posting a picture of themselves using a product or otherwise engaging with the brand and including the hashtag in their post. Providing an incentive such as asking the audience to share for a chance to win a prize will boost shares. This turns the audience into marketers for your brand as they share with their followers and friends.
- Do your research Hashtags should be unique and serve as identifiers for the brand. Research existing hashtags to create one that stands out from the online noise and competition. Research doesn’t stop there, however; it’s important to identify trending hashtags and social influencers to leverage momentum, as well as ensuring regular monitoring of analytics to see where your hashtags are successful or have opportunities.
- Create an attention grabbing hashtag Hashtags should be fairly short for easy audience consumption, memory, and sharing. They should also be easy to spell and relevant to the brand and campaign. Separate words within hashtags with capitalization for easy readability as well.
- Leverage trends and well-known events Create buy-in and grab attention by leveraging major trends and events. Piggy-backing off an event such as large sporting events, which can garner country-wide attention, with a corresponding campaign will increase visibility through the trending words or events.
- Don’t neglect content hashtags Content hashtags help to deliver traffic to content through industry or topic related keywords to increase content visibility online. While this is not specifically meant to support your branding or promotional campaign, they do provide much extra brand exposure through SEO and relevant search queries which will boost brand awareness and customer acquisition.ABOUT FISHBAT Online marketing firm fishbat takes a holistic business approach to their clients’ digital marketing programs. The fishbat team understands the importance of business principles just as well as the nuances of the latest digital technologies. fishbat offers every digital marketing service available from digital marketing research and planning to brand development to website and asset creation through social media management and search engine optimization programs – all custom calibrated for both B2B and B2C businesses.
Media Contact: Scott Darrohn, fishbat, 855-347-4228, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved