…Clint Eastwood’s quote is appropriate for many of today’s challenges.
Have you ever wondered why the “old guy” down the block always seems to be so cranky? It’s because he’s tired of dealing with the day-to-day nonsense of lazy people, rude customers, ineptitude, and the selfish attitude of most. In today’s post, I’m going to list some “reasonable expectations” that people have. See how many you agree with.
Is it reasonable to expect employees to…
- Work the entire time they are “on the clock”.
- Not be reaching for their phone every 15 minutes.
- Treat my customers as well as they treat their valued friends and family.
- Complain less.
- Leave their house a few minutes early each day to ensure they arrive on time for work.
Is it reasonable to expect a customer to…
- Not try and return a dress even though it was worn to a party or two.
- Stop banging on the doors and demanding to be let in 15 minutes after closing time.
- Understand that it’s 11:30 am and we stopped serving breakfast already.
- Be as polite to the employee as they expect the employee to be to them.
Is it reasonable to expect a business to…
- Refund my money, even if I don’t have a receipt, but the product still has your company’s price tag on it and the item was never opened.
- Accept more than just cash only.
- Not raise their prices even though the minimum wage keeps rising.
- Include printed product instructions versus forcing a customer to search online for the information.
- Practice what they preach.
- Stop touting their “work-life work-life balance when clearly, they don’t have one.
- Not spy on us through our phone, cable box, electric meter, refrigerator, baby monitor, thermostat, etc.
- Reinvest some of their profits back into the business and get rid of their broken chairs or put a fresh coat of paint on the walls.
Is it reasonable to expect a friend to…
- Give without expecting to get something in return.
- Not touch your stuff even though you already told him not to.
- Stop telling you how stressed they are. You have your own problems, right?
- Stop telling you “you can’t”.
Is it reasonable to expect you to share this post with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc?
Thanks, and I expect you to have a great day today!