My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Karen Steele, GVP of Corporate Marketing for Marketo. She and I discuss the findings from The State of Engagement, insights on engagement from over 2,000 global consumers and marketers.
The Engagement Economy—the reality that we consume and market in today—is a new era where everyone and everything is connected. And in this reality, consumer expectations have shifted to require more from the brands they buy from—they seek a personal relationship that offers them value wherever they are and whenever they are ready to engage. As the Engagement Economy matures, marketers must rapidly transform their strategies, methods, and tactics in order to stay relevant.
Questions I ask Karen Steele:
- What’s the most common way that consumers engage today?
- Has the way people buy changed?
- What are they key differences between B2B and B2C engagement?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Where the customer experiences the biggest gap in their customer journey
- How culture plays into engagement
- How to drive more top-of-funnel engagement
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Karen Steele:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!