Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager – USA
Company: Kegstar USA
Location: East Coast, USA
Introduction To Company
Kegstar is an innovative asset pooling company that specializes in supplying rental stainless steel kegs to the beverage industry. We are passionate about enabling our customers to focus on making the best product possible by taking the capital strain and logistics hassle of managing a keg fleet off their hands. We are a fast growing business with a passion for the beer industry and thrive on staying ahead of the game and anticipating our customer’s needs. On the face of it our business is pretty simple…we rent kegs…but when you dig down a bit you realize that to make that happen seamlessly and sustainably, there is a whole level of complexity and discipline required.
As a Business Development Manager, your mission is to help US Brewers to understand and realize the benefits of Kegstar’s innovative keg rental solution. As a senior member of the US team, this is a truly hands on role. You’ll start by building a targeted go to market plan, strategically identifying those breweries that would most likely benefit from the Kegstar model, and then leverage your market knowledge, industry events, media, and associations to build awareness of Kegstar’s position in the market. You’ll be targeting high profile players in the industry and working to convert them over to Kegstar kegs, winning early adopters and building our reputation in the market. At Kegstar we use a unique selling approach. We work to learn about our customer’s pain points and then work to solve those pain points as a cohesive team. This role would suit an individual with extensive knowledge of the brewing industry, and previous experience developing and executing high level strategic sales plans. With over 6,000 breweries in the US we are seeking an experienced and dedicated sales leader to help Kegstar gain market share.
This role will be a standalone on the east coast reporting into the VP/GM and collaborating with the wider team based in San Diego, CA. Ongoing travel would be required to connect with west coast team and make the most of east coast sales opportunities. A high level of ability to self-manage and work independently would be required to succeed.
Kegstar is a young company with a real drive for growth. We bring our entrepreneurial spirit and combine it with professional management disciplines without the usual bureaucracy. And because we are a small team, we work together to deliver on our promises to our customers and investors even if we have to step out of our regular roles to win as a team.
The Main Responsibilities That You Will Take On Include
- Development of strategic sales plan – Partner with VP/GM to develop high level national sales plan utilizing analytics and industry knowledge to support the commercial growth of the US business.
- On-board new Customers & grow existing Customers – Grow the number of new customers, as well as, growing our existing customers according to the business plan. Get them set up on our systems and train them in how to optimize Kegstar;s solutions to grow their business. Stay connected to the industry and identify new market entrants early in order to introduce them to Kegstar’s system.
- Build a robust pipeline through your network of leads and work that pipeline through to completion – From cultivating your own network of leads, to searching for potential customers, all activity will be tracked through Salesforce and conversion rates will be expected.
- Build the Kegstar brand presence and reputation – Identify and implement opportunities to build Kegstar’s brand in the USA market through targeted marketing initiatives such as sponsorships, advertising, media interest and trade fairs.
- Identify export opportunities – Increase the proportion of clients exporting using Kegstar kegs. Help customers to understand how using Kegstar’s rental keg and logistics solutions can help them to grow their business in export markets. Finally, communicate globally with other sales and operations personnel through the Global Kegstar chain.
- Account Management – Increase the utilization of Kegstar kegs within client’s businesses. Add value to Kegstar clients by introducing them to other non-Kegstar related solutions that will help them grow and scale their businesses, whether that be referring talent, quality suppliers or other industry contacts.
- Forecasting and reporting – Forecast future keg demand and work closely with the Supply Chain Director and VP to ensure the appropriate availability and distribution of kegs. Maintain sales pipeline tracking and sales reporting for the Sales Manager. Keep CRM system up to date with client visits info, opportunities and status.
- Market Development – Identify new potential market development opportunities to leverage Kegstar’s capabilities. Identify competitors and opportunities to differentiate Kegstar’s proposition.
- Efficient Sales processes – Develop and maintain efficient and highly effective sales processes to drive performance improvement.
Essential Capabilities & Qualifications
- Solid experience within the beverage industry, key players and market dynamics and trends
- Solid track record in growing new businesses and markets
- Eager, driven, results oriented and solution based selling technique
- Highly commercial mindset with good analytical skills
- Effective team player and influencer with the propensity to engage in commercial opportunities proactively to maximize outcomes and manage risks
- Highly driven with a passion for identifying opportunities at trade events and brand building activities
- Account Management experience – solid track record in growing new customer relationships into quality long term customer relationships to increase value add and client utilization and margin
- Tertiary qualification in commerce/marketing is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the business
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and self-management skills
- Prepared to take the lead and ownership
- Tenacious, dedicated, capable and adaptable team player
The mindset of Kegstar is that we throw ourselves into whatever needs to be done to achieve our goals. Our Senior Business Development Managing guru must be ready to roll-up their sleeves and get stuck in.