Marketing is one of the most important things that you should focus on if you want to run a successful business or a law firm. Marketing helps you to reach out to people, let them know about you, grow your business and thus grow your revenue. Just like any other business, law firm marketing strategy should be properly planned and executed for it to be successful. But let us first understand what is strategy.
What is strategy?
Strategies refer to the long-term approach that you follow to achieve your goals. They are more general in nature. Execution of your strategies is called a plan, and plans help in achieving the goals in the last.
Law firm marketing strategy
There are a lot of things that should be seriously considered while making a law firm marketing strategy, in order to make it successful. Following are the points to be followed for a successful marketing strategy:
- Define marketing goals: The first step is to define the goals that you want to achieve from your marketing. Decide whether you want to go for online methods or offline methods for marketing purposes. Though online marketing for law firms is very helpful as everything is digital these days, then why make it an exception for your law firm.
- Get referrals: Referrals from professionals in the same working background always puts a positive impact on the referred business. Every attorney has his/her own specialization area, and you can ask them to refer you to the areas that you specialize in. The referrals from other attorneys for your expertise will put your positive name in the market. But remember, you will also have to refer other attorneys to your clients for their specializations.
- Monitor website performance: Always keep your law firm’s website updated. Check its page loading time, looks, content, responsiveness, etc. from time to time in order to make sure that it is working fine. A good website increases the digital reach of your firm. Optimize your website as per current requirements and make it SEO friendly to rank higher on the search engines.
- Get listed on legal directories: On your law firm’s website, your area of expertise and location should be clearly mentioned as they are very important information. Also, you should get your law firm listed on the legal directory. The directory makes it easier for people to find you if they search for legal services. Mention of location on your website will make your website visible on top when someone searches for legal services in that particular area. It will help in your digital growth.
- Hire a marketing company: In case you are finding it difficult to manage the marketing part on your own, you can also hire any successful marketing company that works for the law firms. Check the results and metrics of their work with other law firms. They will help you with planning and executing your marketing strategies. They will also help you in running some online advertising campaigns to help with your promotion.
- Stay updated with your clients: Always stay in touch and updated with your clients. Keep a track of trends that they are following and its results, check how they want to share their links with their networks. Stay updated with their work on social media through social media marketing. Make marketing strategies as per the client requirements and latest trends.
- Blogging and FAQs: Writing helpful blogs and FAQs provide an opportunity for your potential clients to reach you. You can write informative blogs regarding different topics on legal matters, about the work that you do for your clients, etc. These are a part of content marketing, which is very prevalent these days and offers a wider scope for growth. Use digital media to its best.
- Monitor your website’s Google Analytics data: Google Analytics helps in keeping a track of the traffic on your website. It gives you information about what is working properly and what is not working at all. You also get to know about the latest trends and use them for the best of your benefits. It also informs you about social media marketing and helps you to track it.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization or SEO helps in ranking your website higher on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Include proper and right keywords in your website content.
Once you have made all the strategies and applied all the required tactics, just keep tracking the response that you are getting, and if one thing doesn’t work you can replace it with something better. Never lose grip on the online marketing of your law firm. Measure the results and in case of any deficiency, vary the plans and efforts, find the missing parts and mend them. It is always advisable to use the help of some professional if you are not much familiar with marketing.