The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission: we’re working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people. We’ve got a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government.
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect.
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results.
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible.
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
The Partnership for Public Service is seeking a Marketing Manager to play a key role in advancing our mission. This position is responsible for the development, management and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan that engages the Partnership’s key stakeholders and builds brand awareness. The Marketing Manager will lead the organization’s efforts to identify and target new audiences, program participants and donors, by planning and executing marketing strategies that include targeted campaigns and content creation. This position will create compelling and tailored content for use across channels and will translate complex topics into relatable and persuasive narratives to help achieve the organization’s strategic goals.
The Marketing Manager will work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team of graphic design, social media, editorial, media, and events staff, and as a result should be able to collaborate with others and contribute ideas. This person will also work closely with other Partnership teams and must be able to manage relationships and lead assigned projects from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and executes a strategic marketing plan to engage the Partnership’s key stakeholders and build brand awareness for the organization through a variety of digital and traditional marketing tactics.
- Develops and implements digital marketing campaigns to recruit, acknowledge and retain program and event participants.
- Writes clear and compelling cross-channel copy that is engaging and relevant. Drafts key marketing and outreach material.
- Serves as the primary website content editor, maintaining a steady flow of updated messaging and content across all channels with attention to search engine optimization.
- Oversees the Partnership blog, including the development of a comprehensive editorial calendar and copyediting.
- Leads the organizational email marketing efforts, focusing on list management, A/B testing and message targeting.
- Segments dynamic email lists according to key audiences and designs and executes multi-channel digital campaigns that improve retention of email subscribers, re-engage lapsed subscribers and encourage acquisition of new subscribers.
- Monitors and analyzes campaign results across all channels to understand the effectiveness of strategies and tactics for improving marketing campaigns.
- Identifies, interprets and implements emerging marketing trends and tools.
- Oversees the development of junior staff.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Good editorial judgment.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand, compelling messages.
- Strong strategic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of effective digital marketing strategies.
- Experience working on a network of websites and creating and editing content for multiple channels and audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record collaborating on projects in a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and concern for quality.
- Ability to analyze data and convert findings and insights into operational outcomes.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to organize multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates an interest in the mission of the Partnership for Public Service.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications or similar field or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- Five to eight years’ professional experience in marketing or communications. Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience highly desired.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and SEO tactics strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Experience making data-driven marketing decisions using analytics, A/B testing and other measurement tools to ensure end-user understanding strongly preferred.
- Experience working with web content management systems and customer relationship management tools such as WordPress, Salesforce and Mailchimp is preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Senior Communications Manager. This position supervises a Marketing Associate.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC and at external venues, both local and out-of-state. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm. Occasional evening or weekend activities may be required.
If travel occurs, it is usually local and during the business day. Some out of the area and/or overnight travel may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401k program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of annual leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and subsidized use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Please visit https://ourpublicservice.org/careers/.
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome