Only a few days ago the OnePlus 7T Pro and 7T McLaren were released. As part of that device release, we were told the OnePlus 5 and 6 range of devices would see Android 10 soon.
The release of OxygenOS 10.0.1 has now started rolling out to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. This follows the 10.0 release being halted due to some bugs causing instablity in apps and the system.
The announcement of the update on the OnePlus forums gives us the important details about the update.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
They also note that the update is being pushed to a limited number of devices, not based on region:
This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.
OnePlus are ticking all the right boxes and looking after their customers with this sort of update commitment. Now all we needs is an official pathway to getting their devices in Australia.
Last modified on 13 October 2019 9:46 pm
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome