It’s the beginning of a new year, usually the time when we set unrealistic goals for ourselves that last a few weeks at best. I think we should do things differently this time around. It’s 2020, the start of not just a new year, but also a new decade. The opportunity to reset, recharge, and revolutionize the way you work and go about tackling your goals is squarely in your hands!
At Confirmit, we are very proud of our Nordic roots and embrace the hygge lifestyle this time of year when in many places around the world it is way too cold to recharge on the beach in a bikini. The definition of hygge encompasses a feeling of coziness and well-being by enjoying the simple things in life. Well, life isn’t simple, but as we begin to set new goals for 2020 let’s start by getting a warm cup of tea, a fuzzy blanket and a crisp new notebook to set the stage for bold and creative goal setting.
In addition to hygge, here are five questions to ask yourself to help you revolutionize your approach to your work in 2020.
- What was your biggest accomplishment in 2019 and how did you feel when you achieved it?
- What are the three things you are going to START doing in 2020 to help you achieve your goals?
- What are three things you are going to STOP doing in 2020 to help you achieve your goals?
- Can you identify blockers (people, processes, fears, etc.) that may hinder your progress? Then list ways to remove or neutralize the blocker.
- What are your goals for 2020? What are your goals for near-term, mid-term and by the end of the year? Early accomplishments will help give you the encouragement to keep going and achieve your longer-term goals.
Start the year fresh by setting challenging goals that will help you revolutionize the way you approach your work, your role and your industry. We are all capable of amazing things – 2020 is the year to make it happen.
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome