Want to help tell the story of New York City to the world?
At NYC & Company, that’s both our mission and our privilege. As the official destination marketing organization for the five boroughs of New York City, we work to encourage visitation to NYC through our Webby Award–winning site, NYCgo.com, along with our social channels, programs like NYC Restaurant Week® and NYC Broadway WeekSM and tourism campaigns that span the globe. Our team reflects the passionate, diverse and dynamic city we represent—a group of enthusiasts who share a love of all things NYC.
The Senior Manager of SEO will spearhead all aspects of NYC & Company’s Search Engine Optimization efforts including management of our SEO tools. S/he will develop and execute strategies, processes and action plans that will result in greater reach and engagement for NYC & Company’s digital channels including website, social and email channels. Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing SEO content and technical audits, research trending keywords and topics and make recommendations to the content team, analyze organic ranking reports and develop action plans for improvement, and collaborate with creative, marketing, editorial and digital product teams on best practices. Presentations to stakeholders and fellow staff members will be a key component of responsibilities. Reporting to the VP of Digital Strategy and Partnerships, this person will work across the organization to elevate our Search Engine Optimization Program.
Our ideal candidate will have extensive, multi-year SEO experience preferably from an SEO agency.
- Develop SEO strategy and action plan that align with overall Company needs and drive sustained growth from this channel
- Perform ongoing keyword research to identify new content opportunities based on search volume
- Audit existing content and make recommendations for organic SEO success including optimized title and description tags, alt tags and optimization of keyword usage
- Perform ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities utilizing platform tools such as Searchlight
- Monitor ongoing performance of tracked keywords and develop action plans for improvement
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming targeting important keywords
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content linking and structured data to improve organic rankings
- Advise on consolidation of duplicate content
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Perform ongoing competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Develop, implement and present monthly/quarterly/yearly reports that will track ongoing performance
- Serve as internal SEO evangelist and subject matter expert
- Manage SEO agency relationship if applicable
- Stay abreast of industry trends and search engine changes
- 3-5 years of proven SEO experience, preferably from an SEO agency
- Proven experience implementing major improvements in organic search performance
- Strong analytic skills
- In-depth experience with analytic and tracking tools including Searchlight, Google Trends, Omniture, Soovle, and Ubersuggest
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Extensive knowledge of SEO best practices
- Self-starter who can develop and execute strategy and action plans
- Experience coordinating cross-functional teams
- Ability to “sell-in” SEO recommendations
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
About Our Company
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. NYCgo.com is the official website of New York City reaching visitors when in their trip-planning stages and making sure they experience all that the City should offer during their trips. NYCgo.com is also the home of key marketing programs including NYC Restaurant Week, Broadway Week and more.