The Business Intelligence reporting tools are typically used to pull and read all types of data from the company’s data sources whether it is on-premises or in the cloud. These types of reporting tools can help identify measurements like sales, revenue, inventory counts, and what not. Similarly, these tools can also be used to apply dimensions like date, purchase order, or even customer information. Then this information can be used to create analysis.
If you wish to use any BI reporting tool then luckily there are dozens of them available that can help collect data from a variety of sources. In this article, we are going to talk about the top 10 business intelligence reporting tools 2022.
Stats and Facts:
Below are some stats and facts to help you know more about how these BI reporting tools are helping businesses and organizations grow.
- 54% of the enterprises claimed that cloud-based BI has been helpful for their current and future initiatives in the year 2020.
- 2020 was the year when COVID-19 propelled a higher adoption rate of BI.
- Because of data analytics, decision-making has become 5 times faster for businesses.
- 30% of the higher education institutes considered cloud BI to be critical in 2020.
- Market value for apps in BI was calculated to be around $17.7 billion in 2020.
- BI market is going to hit $33+ billion by 2025.
- 8 out of 10 manufacturers claim that BI for analytics works successfully.
Top 10 Business Intelligence Reporting Tools 2022
1. MS Power BI
Microsoft Power BI allows business intelligence data to integrate directly into user reports. This tool can scale with your business as you expand. MS Power BI boasts a built-in AI feature offering custom data metrics. Power BI Training classes can be very helpful in developing professional BI skills.
MS Power BI has the following features to offer:
- As every organization tends to function differently that is why MS Power BI offers customized visualizations.
- It offers features like Power Pivot, Power Query, and Power View.
- Similarly, it offers organized and accessible data.
- Moreover, it has an easy implementation process.
One drawback of using MS Power BI is that all the dashboards and reports that you create will only be shared with individuals having the same email domains. This causes inconvenience to those who don’t have the same email domains.
Domo is an efficient business intelligence software that encloses in it multiple systems. Domo is used for connecting the data and it offers a variety of pre-built and custom apps that are exclusively available at the Domo Appstore. Similarly, Domo is also used for data lakes, warehouses, and ETL tools. You can use Domo along with R or Python scripts for preparing data for predictive modeling.
Below are some of the key features offered by Domo:
- It offers a variety of pre-built cloud connectors.
- You can prepare data using the drag-and-drop Magic ETL.
- Similarly, it offers automatically suggested visualization.
- Moreover, it offers an ecosystem of pre-built apps, connector APIs, and dashboard.
The learning curve of Domo is quite steep and that is why it is not usually built for newcomers.
3. Zoho Analytics
Zoho analytics as we know is a self-service BI and data analytics software. This tool is used for analyzing data and creating a variety of stunning data visualizations. With that, you can also discover hidden insights in just a matter of time. Zoho has more than 500 integrations for business apps. With that, it has around 10,000 customers worldwide.
Below are the key features offered by Zoho analytics:
- You can blend and visualize data using Zoho.
- It offers an intelligent assistant named “Zia”.
- Similarly, it offers a commenting section in the sharing options.
- With the geo-visualization feature, you get to analyze the geographical data using interactive map charts.
- Moreover, it offers a spreadsheet-like interface for the purpose of deep analytics.
It takes some time to understand how it works and you need to focus a lot to get familiar with organizing your workflow.
4. Data Pine
Data pine as we speak is BI software that enables users to connect data from different sources and then analyze it using advanced features. These include predictive analytics and artificial intelligence. With data pine, you get the freedom and choice to create an amazing business dashboard. Similarly, it offers options to also generate either standard or customized reports.
Data pine offers a variety of features some of which are mentioned below:
- It offers an intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
- Offers easy-to-use predictive analytics.
- Similarly, it has a variety of interactive dashboard features.
- You get access to multiple reporting options.
- Lastly, it offers smart insights and alarms that are entirely based on artificial intelligence.
Even though it offers mobile access but it doesn’t provide direct access to the dashboards. For that, you need to download the app and then customize it within the mobile view.
Tableau is a highly popular and leading data visualization tool that is widely used for data analysis and business intelligence purposes. With the help of tableau, people can see and understand data more clearly. The visual analytics offered by tableau makes it easy for people to use data to solve problems.
Tableau has the following features to offer:
- It offers a multipurpose dashboard.
- You can extract and blend data easily.
- Similarly, it offers enhanced data visualization functions.
- It offers predictive analysis and forecast.
- Lastly, it offers “Ask Data” feature.
Tableau cannot work with uncleaned data as its primary focus is on visualizations.
6. Dundas BI
This is the kind of business intelligence reporting tool that aims to make the analytics process simple and flexible for users through interactive dashboards, reports, and visual analytics. This software was founded in the year 1992 and since then it has been empowering every level of user to visualize and analyze data.
Following are the key features of Dundas BI:
- It offers an immersive mobile experience.
- It offers customizable data views.
- Moreover, it offers seamless integration and real-time data for business users to not only view but create and monitor their data in no time.
This tool has a slow learning curve and does not offer an undo option for users.
7. IBM Cognos Analytics
IBM Cognos Analytics is known to be a cloud-based business intelligence software that uses AI recommendations to create dashboards and reports. It offers geospatial capabilities to overlay your entire data with the physical world. With that, it lets you ask questions in plain English to communicate with the software more easily.
IBM Cognos Analytics offers the following features:
- It has a search mechanism where you get the option to filter and save your searches.
- It enables users to generate and work with insights independently.
- Similarly, it offers interactive data visualizations.
- It has an AI assistant that enables users to communicate in plain language.
The drawback of using this tool is that it takes some time to get familiar with its complete features and capabilities.
QlikView is known to be one of the BI applications that are offered by Qlik. It has an Associative Engine that enables users to do data discovery without even using query-based tools. This eliminates the risk of data loss and also prevents inaccurate results.
Below are the features QlikView has to offer.
- It offers an associative exploration option that makes it very easy to view the company data and that too from various angles and then gain new insights accordingly.
- It offers visually highlighted dashboards.
- Similarly, it has an advanced data preparation and connectivity feature that combines all data sources through an associative engine.
It requires technical expertise at several points so you need to put in some time to learn to use this software.
It is enterprise business analytics software that is entirely focused on hyper-intelligence, federated analytics, and cloud solutions. It is also known as the mobility platform where the mobile dossiers allow users to build interactive books of analytics rendering on iOS or Android devices.
Below are the features offered by MicroStrategy:
- The hyper-intelligence feature can pull data from a variety of sources.
- It offers a common data glossary and allows visualizations of the same data.
- Similarly, its mobile deployment allows users to leverage all the existing reports and dashboards.
- Moreover, it offers extensible cloud solutions.
Some users have reported a complex initial setup as it involves different parties. Also, in-depth knowledge of the application is required to use it efficiently.
Board is a Swiss BI tool that is used for decision-making, business planning, and performance tracking. This tool was founded in the year 1994 and offers an intuitive data analytics solution for building interactive dashboards. Similarly, this tool is also used to run effective analysis.
Board comes with the following features:
- It allows users to generate calculated metrics.
- It offers integrated workflow management.
- Similarly, its reverse algorithm lets users make different alterations across dimensions and hierarchies to the calculated fields.
The installing and updating add-ons are quite complicated.
So these were the details of the top 7 business intelligence reporting tools 2022. We believe these tools are highly competitive and helpful for handling data. Therefore whatever tool you choose would be of great help.
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome