SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mar 5, 2019–W2O, an innovative, analytics-driven, digital-first marketing and communications firm, reported a 23 percent increase in revenue to $177 million in 2018 from $144 million in 2017. The company also increased its profit margin by a similar amount.
Since its founding in 2001 by healthcare communications executive Jim Weiss, W2O has distinguished itself by investing in the future specifically in the areas of data analytics and insights, digital and social media, content creation, and activation and strategic consulting. Over 150 of W2O’s clients actively use its analytics platform. This pioneering approach has set the firm apart and allows its hundreds of professionals to transcend traditional boundaries by connecting multiple components of the marketing, digital and communications mix. They weave this all together to partner with a growing roster of Fortune 500 clients, including 24 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies, to create and deploy integrated solutions that measurably impact business results.
“In looking at 2018, the headline is this: Great Clients + Great People = Great Results,” said Founder and CEO Jim Weiss. “Putting all that aside, our results are a reflection of being strong partners with our clients – proactive in our thinking, responsive in our service, and strategic in our capabilities. We are always working hard to punch above our weight because we are on a mission to improve healthcare and the patient experience through strategic marketing and communications by achieving clarity, understanding and engagement.”
- Launched the Relevance Health Index, an extension of its Relevance Model and Index covering the Fortune 500 and its engagement in a social/digital reality
- Expanded its Market Access and Value & Pricing teams with the addition of new members and research offerings
- Started our Scientific and Medical Communications group
- Opened three new offices – in Atlanta, Washington, D.C. and Zurich
- Supported 29 U.S. Food and Drug Administration product approvals
- Designed, built and launched over 100+ corporate websites
- Completed 2,200 analytics and research projects
- Conducted 160+ executive and media coaching sessions, including with dozens of CEOs
The firm also strengthened its board of directors and senior leadership team with the addition of the following individuals:
- George Gallate, W2O Board Member – formerly Chief Marketing Officer at Merkle, Global Chairman at Havas Worldwide Digital, and Regional CEO at Euro RSCG Asia Pacific
- Deborah Hankin, Chief People Officer – a senior HR professional from a marketing and consultancy background with a diverse set of recruiting and talent development skills
- Keri P. Mattox, Global Lead of Integrated Corporate Communications – formerly Vice President, Corporate & Investor Relations, at Amerisource Bergen, a Fortune 10 company
- Hsiao Liu, Global Practice Leader – formerly Executive Vice President at Ogilvy Health and an integrated marketing leader focused on Asia Pacific market expansion
“It’s always been about delivering results for clients as they navigate their way through complex times. 2018 was another banner year for us with numerous new client wins across the pharma, biotech, payer/provider and digital health space, along with creating a larger, more integrated team across 15 offices,” said Jennifer Gottlieb, President of W2O. “In 2019, we will grow our global presence and mindset, invest in key expertise and portfolios, expand our PESO (paid, earned, shared and owned) media capability and offerings, extract insights from our ever-expanding and deepening data ingestion engine and combinatorial views from our qual and quant research approach, and hone operational efficiency, customer service and delivery.”
Additional notable accomplishments for W2O over the last 12 months include the following:
- Won 150+ awards, including:
- AdAge’s Best Places to Work 2019
- The Holmes Report’s Best Agency to Work for 2018 (Large)
- MM&M’s Best Places to Work 2018
- MM&M and Holmes Report Large Agency of the Year (Finalist)
- Jim Weiss was selected for the PharmaVOICE 100
- Jennifer Gottlieb was inducted into the Hall of Femme 2018
- Andy Boothe, Senior Director, Data Sciences, was named to the Holmes Report’s Innovator 25 list
- Jim Weiss was appointed to the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) Global Board of Advisors
- Angela Gillespie, President of W2O wcg, was appointed to the HBA’s 2019 Global Board of Directors and serves on the Executive Committee as secretary/treasurer
- Entered its seventh year in partnership with Syracuse University for the W2O Center for Social Commerce at the Newhouse School, which is considered the premier industry-academic partnership model
- Continued to invest in an innovative diversity healthcare communications effort with The LAGRANT Foundation. The partnership includes fellowships, in-office trainings and Jim Weiss’s seat on the LAGRANT board.
- Served as lead sponsor of a Signature Research Study with IPR – The Future of Work – exploring technology, artificial intelligence (AI) and generational workforces on the state of organizational effectiveness
- Rolled out Springboard, a leadership development program for W2O employees who are account director level and above and have been with the company for at least two years
“Every year since we began has been a year of transformation and learning,” added Weiss. “We’ve never rested on our laurels and continually challenge ourselves and our clients to do better, to see what’s not in front of us, to dig deeper for the best approach, and to ignore labels and descriptions. It’s the W2O Way, and it won’t ever change.”
Founded by Jim Weiss in 2001, W2O is the leading independent provider of analytics-driven, digital-first marketing services and communications to the healthcare sector. W2O applies proprietary analytics models, methodologies and approaches in a digital world to design precise communications and marketing strategies to deliver sustained business results. The firm employs nearly 800 people in 15 offices across the United States and in Europe.
Peter Duckler, 310-774-3425
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH OTHER HEALTH BLOGGING SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS ADVERTISING MARKETING PUBLIC RELATIONS/INVESTOR RELATIONS PUBLISHING
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/05/2019 08:00 AM/DISC: 03/05/2019 08:01 AM