Digital Communications Specialist
Requisition Number: 2020S006Posting
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Division: Communications Division
The Digital Communications Specialist supports digital communications efforts campuswide, and is responsible for the timely templating, appearance, distribution, and analysis of web pages, emails, mobile app modules, and other communications.
This position supports strategic communications and is the campus expert in the following:
• E-mail building and best practices,
providing training and support for users of campus web content management and email marketing systems.
• Researches and recommends technical solutions to support digital initiatives within the University’s communications office.
• Integrates visual and written content to produce web pages, email communications, and mobile experiences.
• Meet design specifications while adhering to current best practices in areas such as accessibility, search engine optimization, usability, and responsive design.
• Expertise in web content management systems, email marketing platforms, mobile app platforms, public calendaring systems, digital map platforms.
• Development and Production Description
• Demonstrated expertise in front-end markup and coding for the creation of compelling digital communications.
• Demonstrated understanding of site-building and theming in the creation of communication e-mails and web pages.
• Content Creation
• Demonstrated ability to curate and adapt content for current communications channels to support University communications.
• Communications Planning and StrategyDescription
• Demonstrated experience in planning the effective use of digital communications platforms, including email, websites, digital marketing, and social media to meet organizational goals.
• Demonstrates an ability to assist with design reviews and user research, and interpret website and market data to develop a user experience that satisfies visitors’ needs and Colgate’s goals.
• Demonstrated ability to collect and interpret analytics and make decisions informed by the data including Google Analytics and Litmus.
Communications Technology Description
• Demonstrates advanced skills with email marketing platforms and email templating (Emma, Blackbaud Net Communities, Slate preferred).
• Demonstrates expertise in website content management systems, including Drupal and WordPress.
• Demonstrates expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive, Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated expertise in utilizing project and team collaboration tools (such as Basecamp and Help Scout).
• Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage advanced features across a variety of digital platforms and content and asset management systems.
User Experience Description
• Demonstrated ability to create accessible web (WCAG 2.1 Guidelines) and email layouts
• Demonstrated commitment to good UX/UI design principles.
• Demonstrated ability to account for both project goals and user needs in the creation of effective communications and user interfaces.
Vendor Management Description
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and consult third-party vendors for support and to maximize value of platforms and tools.
• Demonstrated experience in vendor selection and RFP processes.
• Demonstrates expertise with the markets for key tools such as email marketing providers, higher education CRMs, mobile app platforms.
Customer Service Description
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and responsively with campus and external constituents on content creation and maintenance.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to interpret user feedback to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Demonstrated ability to train and educate users on the use of digital communications tools.
• Demonstrated ability to balance priorities and provide responsive assistance with communications tools.
• Personal Accountability for Results
• Takes responsibility for decisions, performance, and outcomes; behaves in a responsible manner with a positive attitude; shows self-awareness and openness to feedback.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills; shares information and seeks input from others; adapts communication to diverse audiences; protects private and confidential information.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Analyzes and prioritizes situations to identify and solve problems; generate solutions to improve efficiency and quality; involves others in solving problems and making decisions; factors organizational goals into decisions; and makes clear, transparent, and timely decisions.
Change Management Description
• Responds positively to changing university initiatives and readily adapts behavior to maintain effective performance.
• Understands the long-term direction of the university and can relate this to the departmental area.
• Adapts to new methodologies; identifies and acts on areas where change is appropriate.
Leadership and Teamwork Description
• Applies skills and knowledge to achieve departmental and organizational success. Balances individual and departmental goals; and helps others perform at their best.
• Builds productive relationships to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness; treats others with respect; and resolves conflicts among team members.
Creativity and Innovation Description
• Generates, explores, encourages, and implements innovative ways of creating strategic value for the university.
• Generates, explores, encourages, and implements innovative ways of creating strategic value for divisional institutional partners.
• Demonstrates creativity in achieving personal goals.
• Critically assesses the effectiveness of new initiatives.
Diversity and Inclusion
Demonstrates respect for people and their differences; understands the benefits of a diverse workforce; earns the trust and respect of others; includes and welcomes others; works to understand the perspective of others; promotes opportunities to experience diversity within our community.
Understands the impact of decision making and personal behavior in achieving the university’s commitment to a sustainable and carbon-neutral campus; supports and advances the university’s sustainability initiatives; influences others to use sustainable practices.
• Familiarity with site-building and theming in Drupal and PHP.
• Basic understanding of APIs.
• Basic understanding of graphic design and graphics animation.
• Associates Degree required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Weekdays 8:30 – 5:00
Occasional Weekends and Evenings
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at [email protected] You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: https://www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/1788115
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome