Upwork is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you’ll help build on this momentum. Together, we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
At Upwork, we are looking for an SEO Manager to drive growth initiatives within our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of high-impact SEO growth projects. You will work closely with multiple cross-functional partners within Product, Engineering, Design, Content Marketing, Paid Search, Data Science and Analytics to grow relevant business metrics associated with businesses looking to hire quality freelance talent from around the world. You have strong interpersonal skills, thrive working in a dynamic environment, and you can balance critical thinking, creative ideation, and exceptional follow-through. This role will report directly to the Head of SEO.
- Communicate and execute projects on the ABC’s of SEO: architecture, backlinks and content.
- Provide ongoing analysis of SEO trends, finding opportunities to expand Upwork’s search share, and assist in the process of tracking and analyzing overall success.
- Partner with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to define, test and launch SEO improvements Lead multiple facets of the SEO program including keyword research, content ideation, link acquisition, local and international search campaigns, and monitoring of technical SEO issues.
- Champion SEO initiatives within the company by helping educate marketers, writers, engineers, and product managers on the importance of SEO.
How to catch our eye:
- 3+ years of SEO experience at a leading company, ideally at a B2B organization.
- You have a deep understanding of core SEO concepts and practices, with knowledge of how various technologies and web design principles impact SEO.
- You are adept at implementing content and technical SEO tactics with a cross-functional team.
How to really knock our socks off:
- You have experience planning and executing SEO A/B tests.
- Strong quantitative skills, ability to quickly analyze data and take action on it.
- Strong command of tools commonly used to track and analyze SEO performance.
- Proficiency in a programming or scripting language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday’s, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome