Lead unc0ver developer, Pwn20wnd, has once again taken to social media to give an unc0ver update. The developer has announced that unc0ver 3.5.6 is now out in the wild complete with additional A12-A12X support, and that there could be more to come in the near future.
As usual, Pwn20wnd has made the best possible use of Twitter to inform the collective exactly what is going on with the unc0ver jailbreak.
The first tweet of two important posts confirmed the release of unc0ver 3.5.6:
unc0ver v3.5.6 is NOW OUT – Adds support for remounting and restoring the RootFS on A12-A12X devices running iOS 12.1.3-12.4!
Github releases: https://github.com/pwn20wndstuff/Undecimus/releases …
That initial v3.5.6 release includes support for remounting and restoring the RootFS on newly supported A12-A12X devices but doesn’t include full jailbreak support for those devices and misses a vitally important aspect in the availability of tweak injection which is fundamental to the full jailbreak experience. A follow-up tweet has confirmed that the missing parts could be coming soon:
I have mostly figured out the logic for a reasonable way to get code injection working on A12-A12X without PAC bypass — I will soon try to see what I can do with the implementation.
So, as it currently stands, a new version of unc0ver is available to the masses with some additional support with the exciting announcement being that it’s very likely that we will see an additional release coming very soon. There is, of course, no timescale on when that will happen but given the current history of unc0ver we can reasonably assume that it will be fairly rapid.
For now, it’s probably worthwhile for anyone with an A12-A12X device to stay clear of the iOS 12.4 update as this thing certainly is not ready for the primetime. A little more patience is required before the developers would recommend that upgrade.
Things have been moving rapidly as far as jailbreaking is concerned. And it doesn’t show any sign of slowing down with announcements such as these. For anyone who is on a compatible device, then the latest version of the unc0ver IPA can be obtained from Pwn20wnd’s GitHub page right now.
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 12.4:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
(Source: @Pwn20wnd [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- iOS 12.4 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Unc0ver / Chimera Jailbreaks
- Download iOS 13 Beta 8 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13 Beta 8
- iOS 13 Beta 8 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How-To
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Unc0ver 3.5.0 IPA For iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, iPad Pro Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome