SAN DIEGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb 27, 2019–Chatmeter, the leader in local search marketing and review management, today releases its second annual Local Brand Report to help CMOs and brand marketers update search strategies for stronger ROI and better prepare for voice-enabled discovery.
Active and accurate social media pages for each business location are essential for brands to be discovered in local search and voice search.
With Google Consumer Insights reporting a 900% increase in “ near me tonight / today ” searches in the past two years, brands are taking a closer look at local SEO. And when it comes to local search, voice is 3X more likely to be used than text to find a nearby business. While this has in part led to a surge in search ad spending, companies struggle to make SEO strategies hyper-local and hyper-relevant at scale. Furthermore, most overlook the key to being found in a voice search starts with local SEO.
“More companies want to bring search engine optimization work in-house. But most companies don’t know how to do it or which stakeholders need to be part of the SEO process,” wrote Collin Colburn, analyst, Forrester *.
To help brands maximize marketing investments and better understand search complexities, Chatmeter remains committed to industry education. Its latest research analyzes Apple, A&W Restaurants, Best Buy, Dairy Queen, Dunkin’, Jack in the Box, Starbucks, Target, TJ Maxx, Ross Stores, Walmart and Wendy’s to identify how these brands compare in “searchability,” voice search preparedness and common hurdles any business can fix to more effectively convert search discovery into offline sales.
- Optimizing for voice search equates to ranking in a local search as high as possible – There’s an education gap around voice search preparedness as many marketers wrongly believe it’s unnecessary or requires a lot of extra work. This research highlights the rise and impact of voice search, and how brands that have local SEO optimized for a high Local Brand Visibility (LBV) score have already paved the way for voice discovery.
- 5 elements of a successful local SEO strategy – This report helps marketers understand the value and connection among review management, local listings, local SEO rankings, local pages and social media – and how this translates to potential sales.
- None of these brands are ready for voice orvoice engine optimization (VEO) – While Target, Best Buy, Dunkin’ and A&W Restaurants “win” in their respective categories, research finds all 12 brands have a below average LBV score (no brand is above a 64; 70 is an industry leader).
- 3 common pain points to voice readiness – Being optimized for voice search is about ranking as high as possible. Areas where brands struggle include: posting to local social media, having an unbranded keyword strategy and responding to online reviews, which is a powerful way to improve rankings. The research found 8 out of 12 brands have a review response rate of 0%. This is alarming for big brands as a significant percentage (15%) of how Google’s search engine ranks businesses is dependent on reviews. At Chatmeter, data continues to prove that improving the response rate to reviews is the quickest way to boost rankings in local searches.
- 81.7% of impressions on local search lists come from unbranded keywords – If a brand focuses too much on branded keywords, they are reaching a small percentage of their audience and not reaching new customers. In fact, all 12 brands have below average rankings scores (average score is 39). This means despite name recognition, these businesses are not visible when consumers are searching for unbranded keywords.
“Given how long marketers have invested in search, many are in the ‘set and forget’ mode with a dated approach,” said Collin Holmes, Founder and CEO, Chatmeter. “Chatmeter’s ongoing research and tech innovation are part of our commitment to help companies understand the online customer data available to them and how it impacts the discovery process, customer experience and ROI.”
Chatmeter used real consumer data to determine the biggest areas of opportunity for a brand to increase its visibility in search results and improve the customer experience. To learn more about findings from this report, join the February 28thwebinar: https://www.chatmeter.com/local-impact-webinar/
Analyzing over 1.9 million locations and billions of customer reviews, social media mentions and sentiment since 2009, Chatmeter helps brands better reach, engage and listen to customers. To learn more about how its technology can improve sales, visit: https://www.chatmeter.com/platform/
Chatmeter ( www.chatmeter.com ) helps enterprise retail brands and agencies managing multiple locations increase their revenue. Since being the first Local Reputation platform in 2009, they now analyze and improve over 1,900,000 storefronts for their reviews, rankings and listings.
They help retailers make a distinct impact in revenue by identifying several areas in their online presence that drives customers to choose their stores over competitors. Chatmeter takes this a step further with the only integrated local visibility rank tracker so you can measure ROI using the most complete local presence management platform in the world.
The benefit for the clients is complete online presence management simplified into a single dashboard. They also power a white-label reputation management dashboard for many agencies across the U.S.
Some clients include Sears Home Services, Sherwin-Williams, OneMain Financial, The Richman Group, Save-A-Lot, Pinnacle Health System, Pilot Flying J and Dickey’s BBQ.
CONTACT: Hotwire Global for Chatmeter
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT INTERNET NETWORKS SOFTWARE MOBILE/WIRELESS SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS ADVERTISING MARKETING
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/27/2019 09:00 AM/DISC: 02/27/2019 09:01 AM