With the recruitment industry continuously moving forward it can be hard to keep up with what is going on.
There are pains and challenges constantly appearing in the pipeline and it can be hard to discover and educate yourself on what is going on. What do candidates want? Who is currently winning the war on talent? and What do other employers think about it all?
We have put together some of the key challenges the recruitment industry is currently facing when hiring.
The primary barriers for employers are that they are receiving too many unqualified, junk resumes from job boards. Employers noted that they are also having trouble finding enough suitable candidates to fill open positions.
Recommended for You
Attracting Prospect Hires
Both candidates and employers selected competitive compensation packages as their primary factor for prospective hires. This followed by advancement opportunities suggesting that salary was also important when considering a new role.
Other Key Hiring Findings included
- The fact that over half of candidates would like the option to work from home, this is a factor that is somewhat important when considering a new job. Employees that don’t provide this option are therefore risking the opportunity to attract top talent.
- Candidates rejected job offers due to the length of the recruitment process with some roles taking between 1-8 weeks to fill.
- 75% of hiring and talent managers use either applicant tracking or recruiting software to improve their hiring process. (Source: Capterra)
- People trust content shared by employees of a company more than that shared by its CEO (55% vs. 49%). (Source: 2016 Edelman Trust Barometer)
- When researching employment opportunities, job seekers expect employers to provide: “1) Salary/compensation, 2) Benefits, 3) Basic company information, 4) What makes it an attractive place to work, 5) Company mission, vision, values”. (Source: Glassdoor)
What challenges have you faced when hiring? Let us know in the comments below.