In my consulting practice, one common complaint I often hear is “I don’t get leads from my website.” Many clients come to me thinking that generating leads from their website is a pipe dream.
According to HubSpot, in 2016 65% of marketers say generating traffic and leads is their top challenge. However, there are numerous strategies to increase the amount of high-quality leads that your website brings to your B2B company. The following strategies have been proven to develop a sustainable increase in high-quality leads.
This one makes sense, right? With the right marketing strategies, you can increase your website traffic to spread your amazing informative content into the hands of potential leads. There are several simple marketing tactics that can help drive traffic to your website:
- Implement an email marketing campaign to share valuable information.
- Create and share valuable content with a call-to-action (CTA) linking back to your main website.
- Use various social media platforms to market your company and drive traffic to your website.
- Invest in pay-per-click advertising across various search engines to quickly increase traffic.
Optimizing your website and the content it contains means making your website work for you to generate high-quality leads. Accessibility and ease of use are two main features of a well-designed website. Potential customers won’t stick around for long on a website that is clogged with redundant information, or content that doesn’t have a target audience in mind. To optimize your website, try the following tips to catch a potential client’s attention:
- Create clear and effective copywriting that has an easily understood message.
- Research your target audience, and configure your website and content to best suit their needs.
- Organize your website in a fashion that is pleasing to look at and is simple to navigate.
- Make sure it is mobile friendly and loads quickly. You can test the page loading speed here.
Once you’ve driven traffic towards your website and increase the number of high-quality leads coming your way, your company needs to ensure you convert those leads into solid sales. Some ways to transform your generated leads into lasting customers are:
- Put your sales team to work by providing them with beneficial information specific to a potential client to help guide sales forward.
- Use your email subscriber list by implementing a newsletter campaign that highlights your company’s purpose, and how your B2B business benefits your clients.
- Offer incentives to interested clients such as free trials, useful information, or helpful tips to keep their attention.
Your B2B website should showcase your company’s strengths and clearly inform potential clients of your mission as a company. But to generate leads you need to implement professional strategies that go beyond a well-designed website.