Spotify now lets you share your favorite music and podcasts on Snapchat. The new integration means you’ll be able to seamlessly share what you’re listening to in a Snap. And it doesn’t matter if you’re sharing a song, album, playlist, or podcast.
Spotify is making a concerted effort to let you share content on social media. Earlier this month, Spotify added the option to share songs to Facebook Stories. And now Spotify has added the option to share songs on Snapchat. And it’s surprisingly easy to do.
How to Share Spotify Songs on Snapchat
Spotify explains the process on For the Record, explaining that Spotify and Snapchat are a good combination. Spotify allows you to “listen to your favorite music and podcasts anytime, anywhere,” and Snapchat lets you “share what you’re up to instantaneously.”
Share what you’re listening to in a snap with Spotify’s new integration with Snapchat. https://t.co/ddF8OtZX1D
— Spotify News (@SpotifyNews) September 9, 2019
To share content from Spotify to Snapchat:
- Open the content you want to share in the Spotify app.
- Tap the three dot menu in the top-right and click “Share”.
- Select Snapchat from the dropdown menu.
- Snapchat will open a new Snap with the album art included.
- Edit your Spotify-infused Snap and send it to your friends.
If a friend sends you a Snap from Spotify:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the context card with the information about the content you’ve been sent.
- The Spotify app will be launched, and the content will start playing.
A Beginner’s Guide to Spotify
Making it easier to share content to social media is a win-win for everyone involved. You get to share your favorite music and podcasts with your friends, your friends get to listen to your favorite content, and Spotify potentially gets more users.
Whether or not you make use of Spotify’s ability to share content on Snapchat, you should definitely check out our beginner’s guide to Spotify. Even if you’ve been using Spotify for years, you’re guaranteed to learn something new.