It is no longer news that retargeting is one of the most effective online marketing strategies.
In fact, only 2% of users who visit your website for the first time are likely to convert, so businesses need a way to get the other 98% to come back and either make a purchase or complete a call to action. So far, retargeting has proven to be an efficient strategy in bringing back that other 98% that have already indicated an interest in your offer.
Studies have shown that 70% of customers who see retargeted ads are more likely to convert and that retargeting can help increase ad engagement by up to 400%.
Here are 3 useful tips to help you run a successful retargeting campaign.
Avoid Constant Use of the Same Ad Copy
You can ruin the success of your retargeting campaign if you continuously show the same ad copy and images to the same target audience. Showing ads similar to previously displayed ads can negatively affect your conversion rates because people will ignore ads they’ve already ignored before.
For example, if you are targeting a customer who bought one item from your store, you can make the ad copy about how another person who recently bought the same item liked additional items on your website. The addition of whole new ads can also be effective.
Use Discount and Affordable Pricing
Cost is one of the top reasons why customers abandon their online shopping carts. This is why most e-commerce retailers will try to eliminate all shipping costs by employing a flat rate shipping service in order to help keep the overall cart total down.
When retargeting, keeping the price of your product or service as low as possible can go a long way to determine the rate of conversion of your ads. Wherever possible, offer discounts and free shipping when retargeting.
Leverage Dynamic Retargeting
Dynamic retargeting is an excellent way to get people to engage with a brand that is already well-known:
“Remarketing allows you to show ads to people who have previously visited your website or used your mobile app. Dynamic remarketing takes this a step further, letting you show previous visitors ads that contain products and services they viewed on your site. With messages tailored to your audience, dynamic remarketing helps you build leads and sales by bringing previous visitors back to your site to complete what they started.”
The fact that your products have proven to be trustworthy can only add credibility to your retargeting campaign. For example, you can retarget people who are in the process of switching to a different brand or those who previously switched from your brand.
Check out this infographic on 50+ retargeting stats:
Infographic source: Digital Marketing Jobs
Join To Our Newsletter
You are welcome